Ironman Lake Placid 2011

Ironman Lake Placid 2011

Monday, January 17, 2011

Skinny People

I've always been the "warm" one.  I've skied in shorts.  I never owned a "parka" (just a shell).  I rarely got cold and HATED the summer humidity since I could never seem to cool off.  In fact, I remember during an army training exercise in Texas the training officer asking me if I was OK since I was pouring sweat and we weren't really doing anything...

Yup.  I've always been the warm one.  So why the frick am I always cold now???  My only theory (besides the fact that I'm getting older) is weight loss.  I guess I've been carrying those extra pounds for years.  Although I'm sure it wasn't healthy... I was like a seal in the winter.  Not mental enough for those polar swims, but I'm pretty sure I did my fair share of drunken naked snow angels in college (and maybe afterwards...)

Well, I'm down over 30 lbs and going which makes me feel GREAT.  But damned if I'm not always cold.  I've been turning on the heat in my office, wearing thicker coats... Nobody warns you the side effects of getting in shape!!!

Yet, its worth it.  Need to see if I can find a USAT Snuggie now...

Ski fast.  Take chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment