Ironman Lake Placid 2011

Ironman Lake Placid 2011

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Well, here I am finishing week 7 of my training plan.  I've definitely had a few setbacks trying to keep on schedule throughout end of year and the holiday period.  I probably missed 5 workouts or so during this time, so hopefully that won't affect training too much.  I did have to use my "off day" on multiple occasions to reschedule my workouts, but luckily there is some built-in flexibility.

I feel like I've made some significant progress in the past 7 weeks.  While I struggled to complete a 5K at the beginning of the plan, now that is the warmup for most of the run workouts.  The swim workouts are also starting with 500-1000m "warmups" before the main set and the bike has some longer interval training and drills.  I can't wait for warmer weather to work out more outside as I can't help but feel trapped with running on the dread-mill, biking in my basement, and the dreaded lap swim.  I know that I desperately need some open water training!

To start off the year,  I'm off to head into my basement for a 90 minute ride.  the good news is that Universal Sports is playing recaps of Ironman World Championships dating back to 2001, so that should give well-needed motivation!

On the list for 2011?  Well, I made the mistake of looking ahead into my training plan.  Word of advise - DON'T DO IT!  I have at least a couple of half-iron distance "trainings" in the spring and whereas they are months away, I'm certainly not at that level yet!  My biggest change for 2011?  I really need to start following my nutrition plan which I have NOT been following this fall.  Yes, I can blame it on the holidays, but there really is no reason I shouldn't be more dedicated to it.  I need to drop another 10-15 pounds before July and feel that is entirely within my grasp.  Just keep those freaking' holiday treats away from me!

So here's to health, happiness, and success to all in 2011!  May it be a great year!

Run fast.  Take chances!

No comments:

Post a Comment