Ironman Lake Placid 2011

Ironman Lake Placid 2011

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fat clothes

Ok, so I've been slacking in my September blogging. Kids are back in school, work kicked back up from the summer, soccer on weekends, apple picking, etc...

In any case, my biggest change this month is my clothing.  Aside from my shoes, NONE of it fit any longer!  I'm talking about pants, shirts, suits, jackets. NOTHING.  This fitness thing is getting to be an expensive proposition.  I went from 218+ to about 205 between November of 2009 to July of 2010.  Since then I've dropped to 189, and quickly.  Most of this seems to be from my off-season training in August.  I think between the change in diet and the daily workouts, metabolism in my body changed in a very short timeframe, and as a result weight started melting off!

This is my pile of clothes, which actually close to tripled by the time I was done.  In all, over 60 pairs of pants, 100 shirts, 8 suits, 4 sport jackets, 10 coats, and countless other sweatshirts, jerseys, etc..  Seriously, where the heck did I get all these clothes?  I think I'd be out somewhere and see dress pants on sale and just think "I could use another pair of pants."  Maybe in was because I'd leave things at the dry cleaners for weeks on end and forget about them, and think to buy more shirts.  In any case, I had far too many clothes as it was.  All now going to be donated to a great charity whose proceeds go to the Massachusetts Humane Society.

The problem is that I've had to buy new clothes.  If you are a woman, this is not a problem, but as a guy I do most of my shopping at Home Depot and Best Buy.  I don't like the dressing room thing.  Luckily, my wife has been a great help and just picks stuff out.

All of my L and XL clothes are down to Medium.  I'm pretty sure that I won't get to a small, since I'd need to be pretty tiny, so I'm hoping to be good here.  I'm down a complete pants size but am not buying too many pants, since I could well lose one more size by spring.

The most shocking part of this to me is how fast it all happened.  It was almost humerous trying on sport coats and looking like I was a kid trying to wear daddy's stuff.  They were that big on me.  I haven't been this size is almost 20 years and am loving it.

1 comment:

  1. How is Triathlon Dominator working for you and why did you decide on that program?

    ReplyDelete