Ironman Lake Placid 2011

Ironman Lake Placid 2011

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

T Minus 4 Days

Ok, so the one-piece tri suit went back today in exchange for two pieces which are only slightly more flattering, though still holding stuff in.

Took a break during lunch and shot over to the gym for a quick 1000m swim.  I feel much better in the water than I did even a few months ago.  I've got the bilateral breathing down, but unfortunately can  only stretch it for the first three laps.  I think if I increased my stroke rate I would keep it longer, but I've been really focused on technique lately and pick up a TON of information from Swim Smooth.  I've been really happy at the Boston Sports Club as it is only 5 minutes from work.  Plus, I love the fact that even with the lowest membership tier, which I got for only $39/month when I joined, I can use any of their area clubs off-peak (or pay a small fee during peak hours).  This really helps since I am on the road a bit and always have my swim stuff in the car, so I can pretty much to a mid-day swim anywhere I happen to be without having to schedule it.

Next on the agenda are open water swim lessons.  There is a girl who works at the main club who looks like she could kick my ass, but does open swim training (she just did a 10-miler a few weeks ago).  Our schedules didn't mesh up, but I'm thinking about a weekly lesson for a month or so to give me some basics.  I don't yet own a wetsuit and am trying to delay that purchase as long as possible (maybe get a good end-of-season deal).  I wonder if my daughter's floaties would work...

No comments:

Post a Comment